GretchenandRobert

Hello to all our friends and family. As of Sep 2007, Robert and I are no longer dating. However, we will leave this blog up for memories of some of our fun trips and times spent together.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

I Saw Robert in Japan!



Robert and I were able to talk via Skype this evening (morning his time). It was pretty amazing to have such a great connection for free. Plus, I was able to watch Robert through his webcam and see his room in his host family's home. Yay for Skype and webcams! Now I have to get one installed on my computer so Robert can also see me. Anyone else who signs up for the free Skype service will also be able to see Robert in Japan, regardless of whether you own a webcam or not. It's pretty cool.
Today Robert was going to a festival with his host mother. He promised he would take some photos so we can get them posted up on the blog.
Things are going well in Evanston. I've carted over 100 books to the Post Office for Robert as he is selling them on Half.com and Amazon while he's in Japan (only I have to do the shipping!) So far he has made enough to pay for three months of tuition. Not bad! Especially since these are all books that he found in the trash in June.
Next week the freshmen arrive at Northwestern and I will be busy with parents' receptions and new student orientations. It's still pretty quiet around town without the students here, so their arrival will be a big change. I have a French student staying with me right now while she's looking for an apartment, so I haven't been speaking much English. It's been great to practice since my French is a little rusty and I have to get it in shape for teaching in the spring!
That's all our news for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home