GretchenandRobert

Hello to all our friends and family. As of Sep 2007, Robert and I are no longer dating. However, we will leave this blog up for memories of some of our fun trips and times spent together.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Evanston Fall Photos



Our weather has been pretty yucky for September. I really hope that October is much nicer! It's just been gray and rainy and humid here for the past weeks. And yesterday, we had a tornado pass through, with hail and gusty wind and thunder and lightning!

I just learned yesterday that our building "Tech" (in the far upper left of bottom photo and shot across the pond in the top photo) originally had more surface area than the Pentagon. I think it is the largest academic building in the world. It cost nearly $7M to build in the 1930s. And yet it only had one women's bathroom! I read that it has a working stream in the basement.

2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Summer Adams said...

Wow, those are really beautiful pictures! I love those buildings in the middle of all the beautiful foliage!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Gretchen said...

Thanks Summer! I really like the fall colors too. It's one of the nice parts about living somewhere with *four* seasons. However, the Chicago winters definitely leave something to be desired...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home