GretchenandRobert

Hello to all our friends and family. As of Sep 2007, Robert and I are no longer dating. However, we will leave this blog up for memories of some of our fun trips and times spent together.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Graduation!


On June 20th, we had my hooding ceremony for my doctorate at Northwestern University. My parents came out for the celebration. And thanks to Robert for coming out and taking all the photos!

The regalia is quite hot for June!

The President of the Grad School did my hooding. He's awesome!











This is where I worked for two years at Northwestern with undergraduates: Willard Residential College



Showing off the blue velvet hood, which signifies that my doctoral degree is in the humanities.

I finally decided that I'd had enough of the regalia! I still can't believe that they charged me $70 to use it for an hour! Of course, to purchase it was nearly $700...... sheesh!







2 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger whitney said...

WOW!!!! congrats gretchen! i think that is so dang impressive.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Mumsy said...

Wow! My little girl is all grown up! What a wonderful celebration we had! We are very proud of you! I will remind your aunts and uncle to check out your blog.

Love,
Mumsy

P.S. Who's the Old Lady in the black & white flowered dress?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home