GretchenandRobert

Hello to all our friends and family. As of Sep 2007, Robert and I are no longer dating. However, we will leave this blog up for memories of some of our fun trips and times spent together.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Fall Colors in Evanston

We've been having such lovely weather in Evanston the past few days that yesterday I thought I would take my camera out with me and take some photos. The leaves are just beginning to change... even today I'm seeing even more oranges and reds. I think I'll take more photos tomorrow or Wed. I was also taking photos to show how much Evanston has grown in the past two years. We never used to have any tall buildings and now we're also getting a lot of commerical real estate. This huge building in the background is a new condo building and parking lot with lots of shops on the main floor. There is a huge Barnes & Noble, Pier 1, Red Door Salon, LA Fitness etc, etc. It takes up one entire city block.
More photos of the modern buildings we're now getting in Evanston.
This is the street where the Residential College is where I work. It's really pretty right now.
Here's another photo of Willard Residential College.
And another one...
And the last photo is a butterfly I managed to get a photo of as it was camouflaged amidst a bunch of leaves on the ground.

1 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Summer Adams said...

I'm so jealous. Fall is my fav time of year and here in Austin we pretty much go from summer to winter over night. The beautiful trees in the rolling hills turn color like that too but not for long....then they die and fall off :( I LOVE those pics you took!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home